This tries to help with the assessment of individual team-mamber capabilities. It classifies ability into 6 levels of skill and experience.
It is shamelessly lifted and adapted from coaching wall-charts at a local sports centre.
- Limited ability to make short term and strategic decisions.
- Contribution is limited to
Shows quality of technique in only a few skills, and often deteriorates.
Quality of technical is maintained for some skills.
Quality of technique is maintained for most skills, but may deteriorate in complex or challenging pieces of work.
- Student shows the ability to make successful and effective short-term and strategic decisions, usually relevant to the role being performed, with only minor lapses.
- Contribution is usually effective and significant and is sustained for the majority of work and all of their roles.
- Maintains technique, accuracy and consistency in the performance of all skills.
- Application of skill is usually appropriate to their role, though there may be some lapses.
- Demonstrates the ability to select and apply the most appropriate techniques and skills.
Quality of technique may deteriorate in highly complex or challenging pieces of work.
- Shows a high level of ability to make successful and effective short-term and strategic decisions, almost always fully relevant to their role.
- Contribution is highly effective, significant and sustained in all aspects of work.
- Maintains a high level of technique, accuracy and consistency.
- Application of skill is fully appropriate to their role.
- Demonstrates a high level of ability to select which techniques and skills are appropriate to the problem.
- Quality of technique is maintained for all skills, all areas of work, and through all levels of complexity.
- When faced with problems, decision making is consistently effective in both predetermined and spontaneous situations.
- Makes very few errors and is adaptive when faced with progressively challenging situations.
- Almost always produces the intended results.